INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
- Please complete all sections of this application form.
- Save the completed form.
- Send the completed application form as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com with a message stating that you wish to apply for an HMC scholarship and have attached your completed application form.
- Print off a copy of the completed form and sign it where required and get at least one of your parents or your legal guardian to sign it as well.
- Using the check list below, send the printed, signed application form and all the additional documents listed to firstname.lastname@example.org by post to the address:
Mr & Mrs Wilford, 70, Hercegovacka St., stan 1 , 81000 Podgorica
Please complete all of the following steps before submitting your application and check each box:
- I have answered all of the questions on the application form as completely as I can;
- I have included my subject grades from my last two school reports;
- I have inserted a digital photo of myself on p.1 of my application form before printing the application;
- I have read the instructions for my personal essay (see p.2 of this document);
- I have written my personal essay (750 – 1000 words) on p.7 of the application form;
- My parents and I have read the information about the programme stages and the financial conditions;
- I have signed the application on p.3 and p.7, and at least one of my parents has signed p.4 and p.5;
- I have included some informal photos of my family and friends;
- I have included the Teacher Recommendation Forms written in English from 3 of my teachers (1 from my current English language teacher, 1 from my Mathematics teacher and 1 from my Principal, Tutor or Class teacher) in signed and sealed envelopes;
- I have included a copy of my last report card with my subject grades and a translation in English signed and stamped by the school administration;
- I have included the application set (letters of recommendation, pictures & envelopes) in a large size envelope with my name, home address and my school name on it.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR PERSONAL ESSAY
Write your Personal Essay in English on p.7 of the application form. This essay should be about 750-1000 words in length, describing yourself and what makes you unique, using specific examples and interests. If any of your answers to the questions in the Application Form are not fully informative, please expand on them in your essay.
In addition, the following questions are suggested as the kinds of things you might like to discuss:
- Have you had an experience or a relationship that has particular importance to you?
- Describe briefly the various members of your family and what they mean to you.
- Can you tell us about your most common activities and interests? Which do you enjoy the most, and why?
- Do you belong to any clubs or other group organizations, and hold any special positions in them?
- Are you particularly interested and active, or particularly talented, in any sports or hobbies?
- Do you have any special accomplishments (artistic, musical or other cultural activities and/or talents)?
- Do you have any specific plans for the future?
- What are your reasons for wishing to study in the UK?
- What might you bring to a school which offers you a scholarship?
Please sign the essay to confirm that it is entirely your own work.